Student Seminar Guidelines
Guidelines for Presentations
- Who can present?
- Any graduate student at the University of Washington, working on
interdisciplinary research in the social sciences with a strong quantitative
component is welcome to present.
- Who attends?
- The seminar is open to all graduate students of the University of
- What can you present?
- The goal of the seminar is to discuss issues that are raised in a
relatively brief presentation of a statistical issue or a research project.
A talk is at most 45 minutes. The audience is encouraged to ask questions
- Presentations of research in different stages of development are
- Early stage projects (e.g., on the road to a dissertation prospectus or
thoughts for MA theses) in which the presenter is searching for suggestions
on how to proceed, especially empirically.
- Ongoing research, in which a talk provides valuable discussion for
research design issues.
- Research near completion
- The Presentation Process
- If you'd like to present, send an email to us with a short
abstract of your talk, and the dates on which you would not be able to