CSSS affiliated faculty and seed grant recipients are invited to utilize CSSS’s excellent grants administration services. Our staff has experience with all phases of sponsored project administration, including proposal development, budgeting, subcontracts, just-in-time submission, and post-award management. We may also be able to help you identify appropriate graduate student research assistants. Specific services available through CSSS include:
Pre-award grant and contract services
- Experienced proposal development support including RFA review and checklist, timelines, and budget development.
- Assisting Investigators with access to sponsor systems.
- Assisting with business document completion (biosketches, budget justification, facilities).
- Subaward preparation.
- Managing UW approval process including eG1 preparation, routing and approval, financial conflict of interest disclosures.
- Just-in-time support.
- Setting up UW budget
- Budget management including monthly budget reports and compliance review
- Project management including support with annual progress reports, no-cost extension requests, final reporting requirements
- Sub-award monitoring
- Operational services including purchasing, reimbursement, human resources
- Interface with sponsors and UW central offices
Indirect Cost Return
- PIs receive a 2% return on indirect costs generated by their project; this allocation is placed in a discretionary budget for their own subsequent research activities.
- PIs' departments will receive 11.8% of indirect costs generated by the project.